Thursday, September 28, 2006

Bindi Irwin's speech

watched Steve Irwin's Memorial Service Live on Animal Planet the other day. I was really touched by what the friends, colleagues and family who shared about him. I'm really convicted and inspired by how these group of people really love him though Steve is just doing his part in animal conservation but he is a super passionate man. Loves his family, spend alot of time with the family, when he's busy, he bought the whole family along. Such a family oriented man. I think that's why people are convicted not because Steve Irwin went to please all these people but his life, his passion and his values towards family really shines, and he is really an example for many to follow. And below is his daughter, Bindi Irwin's speech on her father, really moved me. I prayed to have a daughter like her. Here's what she said,

"My Daddy was my hero - he was always there for me when I needed him.
"He listened to me and taught me so many things but most of all he was fun.
"I know that Daddy had an important job. He was working to change the world so everyone would love wildlife like he did.
"He built a hospital to help animals and he bought lots of land to give animals a safe place to live.
"He took me and my brother and my mum with him all the time. We filmed together, caught crocodiles together and loved being in the bush together.
"I don't want Daddy's passion to ever end.
"I want to help endangered wildlife just like he did.
"I have the best Daddy in the whole world and I will miss him every day.
"When I see a crocodile I will always think of him and I know that Daddy made this zoo so everyone could come and learn to love all the animals.
"Daddy made this place his whole life and now it's our turn to help Daddy."


No comments: