Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Your Labor Is Not In Vain – 1 Corinthains 15

In 1Cor 15 Apostle Paul is trying to reassure the disciples the faith in God. That God truly has resurrected Jesus, not in the form of spirit but in his real physical form. And it is because of this resurrection that we can now be cleansed of our sin. Without Jesus truly raising up, Christianity would be meaningless. Therefore, Paul urged the disciples to always hold on to the truth.
1Cor 15:58 “Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.”
Paul not just want to hold on to the truth but also stand firm, let nothing move us. There are many times when our faith will be tested. People of other faith can come to question you but also, there are times when troubles and worries of all sorts can wear out our faith. I feel that I need to constantly build on my faith. I need to study the bible more and study on how I can use the bible to people's and my own real life situations. Thus I know that no matter what I can trust God using the bible to help me in all situations.
As I study out the bible, I know sharing my faith is really the mission of all real disciples. That's how Jesus' ministry started. And I know I have to do the same thing, go share my faith. If you have done it, you know it's not that easy, giving your hearts out to people. And many times, I have certain perception if people respond positively or not. As I read, the disciples kept reaching out and do not think much about the results. I thought if they have, they would be too negative to evangelise, to share God's love. Yet we know, we have to trust God for things to work out. God just need us to work with Him. Thus we know our labor in the Lord is not vain. I will keep on persevering.

No comments: