Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Servants of Christ

I just finished reading the Bible, 1 Corinthians 4, that how Paul urged the Corinthians to imitate him, to be like a servant of Christ. The Corinth church is pretty much divided into groups following different leaders. Probably some are impressed by one's teaching or model attitude. Though the leaders have a good heart but they should not encourage division in church. I thought some of those unspiritual leaders even feel good that group of believers are supporting them! They felt good to be pleased, felt good to have people stand up for them. However, these are not the kind of attitude that any leader should have especially a church leader. Leaders according to the Bible are not here to gather people to please them or stand up for them, but they are here to serve. Paul continued to imitate Jesus to serve the people around him, and urged all of us to serve too. I am reminded once again that I'm here in Seremban not to have people to praise me or encourage me but to serve the people here. I must say it's really not an easy job. But I must continue to trust God for He knows best how things should be done and even in 1 Corinthians 1:25, the foolishness of God is wiser than men, I would not claim to know what's best for myself. Like Paul, I choose to serve, not here to gain any self-glorifying moments. It's tough, may God help us. I am the servant of Christ in Seremban, Malaysia!

No comments: