Saturday, August 26, 2006

Genpets real?

I got a friend who sent me an email today regarding a bio-engineered animal selling as a pet. Looking at the title of the email, I thought this must be some spam crap but after going to the main site, the site looks pretty impressive (http://www.genpets.com). They have a 20pages reseller catalogue, FAQs, Support & Warranty. To me, the picture of the packaged genpet looks like a frozen chiwawa. The site claims it's in hypernation, waiting to be released! Here's what the site says " Are Genpets Real animals? How? Genpets are living, breathing mammals. Bio-Genica is a Bioengineering Company that has combined, and modified existing DNA to create the Genpets lineup. Genpets have blood, bones, and muscle; they will bleed if you cut them, and die if mistreated just like any other animal. The electronic components are only in the packages and are for basic life support, outside of the packages the Genpets are wholly organic. "
Before I thought man, this world is going crazy, I found this site (http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/comments/4198/) so it says it's a hoax. I really believe its a hoax. Can't imagine there are such things running around, at least I pray that God would not allow such things to happen, imagine next time your maid comes in a plastic! Ha!

No comments: