Thursday, October 23, 2008

Suffering for Christ

Now I'm trying for the second time using a gadget on iGoogle to post a blog. Quite cool but just that it may refreshes and clear away what you have written, so better save it in time.

Today I was reading 1 Peter 2, basically talking about suffering is part of Christian living but often many would like to take this out. When I was a young Christian, I did not give much thoughts about suffering for Christ. I thought life would be much better since now I am following a Godly set of "rules and regulations" - the Bible. But the Bible actually will challenges our faith and courage when we seriously put it into practice eg. loving one another. Many times I caught myself thinking, why do I have to disciple this person? I seems like I always get all the baddies in church, haha. A good test on how closely we are following Jesus is how loudly we complain when we are asked to do more or even sacrifice. I should thank God for the tough people in my life. They are the ones to make me stronger and prompt me to be closer to God. Tough people and situations take my spiritual life even higher that is if I go to God more for strength and wisdom.

Of course, I could take it with a lousy attitude, complaining, grumbling. Though it's easier this way but life won't get any better. People tend to stop sacrificing 'cos of pain and selfishness. They think more of themselves before giving to others. I think if no one would to give and sacrifice but rather fighting for our wants then this world is just going to end really soon or your life is just not going to be very "nice". Just what kind of example do you want to show to people around you. I thought of the "sufferings" I have as a Christian is really nothing compare to Jesus. Since Jesus suffered this way for us, we really have no excuses for not accepting any kind of discipling from God. I thought it's better to quickly repent from discipling from people rather than waiting for God's ulitmate discipling. Just pray and trust God for the lessons He's going to bring into your life. I leave us with this verse 1 Peter 2:23.

"When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly."

No comments: